What kind of country and world do we want to create for our children and grandchildren? We are at a trajectory moment in history – actually, a tipping point in civilization – when we must accept our responsibility as citizens and learn the truth about our history, face today’s reality head on, make choices about the future and take action . Our increasingly fragile democracy — and our world — is at stake.
Conservatives and progressives have very different ideas of right and wrong. These worldviews are drastically at odds and affect every facet of democracy. Citizens must understand how the political system and parties have changed, learn the critical implications of these culture wars, choose sides and fight for our grandchildren’s future.
Overview of America 2014
focusing on the way we think and feel — worldview — religion/spirituality and reason
- Crises/opportunities —
- Planet earth and the human family
- Culture, economic justice, education, history, communications
- Democracy, citizen participation, politics, government
- Worldview: faith and/or reason — how do we know if something is true or false? right or wrong? smart or stupid
- Moral politics — deep differences in moral values define politics — religion wars
- America’s story — progressive movement, moral politics, transformation — what do we believe about America’s history
* * * * * * * *
- Recent e-letters — to receive directly go to bottom left of home page and sign up
- America’s Incongruous Moral Values
- Searching America’s Soul
- The battle for America’s soul
- Status quo or change?
- Transforming the world: Work in progress
- Harry Belafonte: Unleash radical thought
* * * * * * * *
Sources of material about American democracy posted at www.ProgressiveValues.org include Alternet.org, AmericanProgress.org, Billmoyers.com, Commondreams.org, Democracynow.org, Enlightennext.org, GeorgeLakoff.com, Minpost.com, motherjones.com, Onbeing.org, Pfaw.org, Philosophynow.org, Politico.com, Religiondispatches.org, Robertreich.com, Salon.com, Sojo.net, Thedailybeast.com, TheNation.com, Thinkprogress.org, Tikkun.org, Tomdispatch.com, Truth-out.org, Uuworld.org, Yesmagazine.org and more — You can exercise your responsibility as a citizen by contributing to these independent journalists. This website would not be possible without them.You can contribute to this website through PayPal or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fair Use Notice: These pages contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This website distributes this material without profit for educational purposes. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in 17 U.S.C. § 107. The many wise and articulate writers who share their knowledge with the public via the internet are profoundly appreciated. If any writer wishes to have their content amended or removed, please contact the editor at email@example.com. Thank you.
work in progress 3/4/14 Paideia LLC © 2001–2014
America’s Incongruous Moral Values http://p0.vresp.com/9Kfdnb
Searching America’s Soul
The battle for America’s soul
Status quo or change?
Transforming the world: work in progress
Harry Belafonte: Unleash radical thought